Bayede! King Shaka-Zulu Chenin Blanc
- STYLE: Medium bodied white wine
- CULTIVAR: 100% Chenin Blanc
- HARVESTING: Harvesting from mid- February to mid-March.
- VINIFICATION: These grapes were harvested in the early morning hours to keep the grapes cool & never to work above 16ºC to obtain optimum flavors. These grapes were harvest at 23.8 ºC. The wine was pumped over regularly to obtain optimum flavor & structure, to secure a long lasting wine. After this the wine is racked and prepared for bottling
- ANALYSIS: Alc: 13.32% R/S: 4.7g/l T/A: 6.1g/l pH: 3.42
- MATURATION POTENTIAL: Will gain complexity with 2 to 3 years of bottle maturation
- CASE SIZE: 6 x 750ml
Almost anything which has a creamy sauce – a good fish pie or chicken with cream and mushroom sauce. Richer fish dishes such as salmon.
This unwooded Chenin Blanc has a soft green appearance. Fresh, fruity and soft-drinking wine with a tropical bouquet and golden apple whiffs. A zesty wine with a refreshingly crisp finish.
Price per box. Minimum order of 6.
- Mundus Vini 2016 – Gold Medal
- South African Airways Premium Class 2017
- Awarded white wine of the year 2017 Trophy