Bayede! HM King Goodwill Shiraz
- STYLE: Medium to full-bodied red wine
- CULTIVAR: 100% Shiraz
- HARVESTING: The Bayede! Shiraz grapes are grown in the Robertson region, ensuring that the grapes can reach optimal levels of ripeness when harvested. The climate isMediterranean, the summers are hot and dry with cold, wet winters.
- VINIFICATION: Good quality grapes are harvested at a full ripe stage (24˚B). The crushed grapes are inoculated with pure yeast and fermented dry at 26-28˚C. Alcoholic fermentation is completed in about 7 – 8 days.The malolactic fermentation, aged for 12 months in French & American oak barrels.
- ANALYSIS: Alc: 14.31% R/S: 3.9g/l T/A: 5.6g/l pH: 3.52
- MATURATION POTENTIAL: 3 - 5 Years
- CASE SIZE: 6 x 750ml
It is recommended to serve at 16 - 18˚C, with peppered beef or ostrich steaks, oxtail and Bobotie.
The smokiness on the nose blends with vanilla flavours that come from maturing in small oak and soft on palate with enough tannin to bring it in good balance.
Price per box. Minimum order of 6.
- Gold Michelangelo 2016
- Three star platter award 2016
- Veritas 2017 – Silver Medal