Bayede! 7 Icon Pinotage
- STYLE: Full-bodied dry red wine
- CULTIVAR: 100% Pinotage
- HARVESTING: Harvesting from mid- February to mid-March.
- VINIFICATION: Grapes were picked at full ripeness (25ºB), fermented in stainless steel tanks and pumped over 3-4 times a day. After a light pressing the Pinotage underwent malolactic fermentation before going into 33% new French oak barrels for 24 months.
- ANALYSIS: Alc: 14.45% R/S: 3.3g/l T/A: 5.6g/l pH: 3.62
- MATURATION POTENTIAL: 5years
- CASE SIZE: 6 x 750ml
Delicious served with barbecued ostrich steaks or springbok fillet.
Forward wild fruit, prune and youngberry with toasted cedar, vanilla and gun smoke. The palate starts out racy, with a red fruited bright core and firm tannins, developing further complexity of sour cherry, cola, green olives and smoke. A distinctive expression of the variety.
Price per box. Minimum order of 6.
- Four Star Platter award 2015