Bayede! The Prince Merlot
- STYLE: MEDIUM BODIED RED WINE
- CULTIVAR: 100% MERLOT
- HARVESTING: Eastern and North Eastern facing vineyards. Harvest date for the cultivar is mid-February to end of March.
- VINIFICATION: Fermented on skins in stainless steel tanks at 22-26C for 7-12days. Pressed and racked. Malolactic fermentation in stainless steel tanks. Wood maturation for 5 months with 100% new French Oak staves.
- ANALYSIS: Alc: 13.66% R/S: 5.1g/l T/A: 5.7g/l pH: 3.59
- MATURATION POTENTIAL: 3 - 4 years
- CASE SIZE: 6 x 750ml
Pasta, Moussaka, chicken, red meat salads or smoked seafood.
Complex, young, fresh, spicy taste of ripe fruit, cherry, blackberry, pear aromas with roasted spices and vanilla oak. Mouth filling, well balanced, soft tannin and flavourful with a long finish and plenty of intensity and complexity.
Price per box. Minimum order of 6.
- South African Airways Premium Class Wine awarded in 2016 for the year 2016
- Michelangelo 2016 – Silver Medal
- Two star platter award
- Veritas 2017 – Bronze Medal